64 | 5 Ways to Pivot Your Airbnb During Downtime
May 21, 2020
Is downtime in your business leaving you feeling down?
Don’t worry! We’re going to outline 5 things you can do during a downtime — whether it’s a slow season, you need to take a break from hosting, or for any other reason — to make your listing even better when you’re rarin’ to go.
- Comb your listing. Look at it with a fresh perspective as if you were a guest seeing it for the first time. Make sure your pictures are up to date. Revisit the message that gets sent before a guest book a stay. Think about your house rules.
- Revisit your pricing strategy. Use a pricing tool such as Pricelabs, Wheelhouse, or Beyond Pricing.
- Do some competitor research. Know what properties you are competing with and what they are offering, mainly anything within a mile or so of your property.
- Collaborate with local businesses. Partner with local coffee shops and retailers, either by offering merchandise to your guests or giving your guests a discount at those stores.
- Check your insurance policy. We’ve talked about this back on episode 58, but this is one of those things that nobody wants to talk about or think about… until it’s too late. Don’t wait! If you have the time, and it’s on your mind, look into getting the insurance required in your area.
This is a lot of work, so just pick one at a time and keep plugging through them until you feel good about it. Downtime is the perfect time to take care of those “I’ve been meaning to do that” tasks, so don’t despair! Take advantage of that time and make your listing and your property even better.