208. BIG Airbnb Updates For 2023
Dec 01, 2022
Today we’re reviewing Airbnb’s new winter updates as we move into 2023. If you have Airbnb listings, we always recommend logging into your account regularly to see what’s new on the platform, and be sure your listings are up to date with Airbnb’s requirements and able to perform well in the search algorithm.
Here’s what’s new:
- Total price display for guests (nightly rate + all fees), and Airbnb is now prioritizing total price over nightly price in search results
- Pricing tools for hosts to help them understand pricing and fees and how to set competitive prices
- Improvements to guest checkout, and requiring that checkout requests are visible during booking. (And, guests should not have to do unreasonable checkout tasks like stripping the beds or doing the laundry).
- Guest identity verification is becoming stronger
- $3 million in damage protection for Airbnb to reimburse hosts, now including art and “invaluables”
- $1 million in liability insurance
- Protection for income loss if you have to cancel future bookings because of prior guest damages
- Coverage for pet damages
- New listing highlights for accessibility features at your property
Thanks for Visiting is produced by Crate Media.